In May we celebrated 10 years of Sustainable Frome. It was a chance for members old and new to celebrate achievements and peer into the future.
Our trip down memory lane included:
- the first gathering of 40 like-minded people, harnessed by Peter MacFadyen, in October 2006
- support for Vallis Veg as they found some land (the trees they planted then are now being thinned…)
- numerous film shows, with audiences ranging from 2 to 100+
- events such as the Frome Green Fair and a fantastic Fashion Show at the Cheese & Grain
- the many initiatives, projects and campaigns that Sustainable Frome has helped bring into the world – such as Independents for Frome, SHARE, community fridge, community car club, Dig with Des, Incredible Edible, and many more.
Many pointed out that SF is a place where ideas and dreams are generated, and that people often move on and engage in spin-off or related activities. But SF is always here to enable networking, dreaming, mutual support and – very importantly – shared food and fun!